Tuesday, March 01, 2005

My weaknesses

Andrew will be going on the first of two review flights tmr... He has to pass both to stay... We prayed together today. And i prayed for the peace of God to lead us. For us to have confidence in His love amidst all the turmoil. And to believe that through everything, His love is greater. I thanked God He gave me the love for him, and that no matter what happens, we would cross paths again in His mighty progression of work. He also thanked God for me, that i give him encouragement. I really do not know how, but it must be Him doing the work. I dont know how it'll be like if Andrew leaves. Who will go to church with me? Who wll share with me? Is this like in the past, where i lose my fellowship again? But God is in control.

In my weakness, He is made strong. I jus had a revelation recently. Everything i have came from Him. The ability to learn quickly, recognise aircraft attitudes, feel the aircraft, judge speed through peripheral vision - all good piloting traits. All these i have not because i earned them, for who can?! No one can convince me that these can be earned. It brings me closer to the reality that God gives to whom He gives and destines, and shows mercy and grace to whom He pleases. I cant earn my job myself.

I have been the fastest in progress in terms of sorties flown so far. It comes with it's own pressures. It's like walking in the front, blindly reaching out forward for myself and the course. And the flying pace is taxing too. Almost once every day. Just last week, i flew 5 in 3 days.
But i am counting on His grace. Surely His strength will bring me through, and into fruition of His desire and plan.

1 comment:

dappysg said...

linc,
don't worry cos God has a plan for you and for everyone too :) So whatever happens, happens for a reason. I also remember Dad telling me that Satan will always try to make it hard for us, believers in Christ, don't let him have his way bro.
I'm rooting for you!! Tell Andrew not to stress himself out either, he has a powerful God on his side. ;P
So proud of you!!!
Sis and natalie loves you!!!