Sunday, November 14, 2004

First day out

Today was my first day out of base.. been 3 weeks already.. we went out, bought stuff, and practically walked around for hours doing nothing! haha... Perth really is quite boring man. Mmm, at least lunch and dinner was good. We had zhi cha (hanyu pinyin). A bit ex, but it's better than the potatoes, beef and cauliflowers we have everyday...

During my time out, there were times i started to worry about flying. Then reminded myself not to worry. And when i settled down in spirit, i realized others around me had the same worries too! haha... i guess that's the difference between children of God and the world - that we have His promises.

Was quite sad to see friends around me starting to slip into bad habits like smoking, etc. Maybe it's the stress. The drinking culture isnt very healthy either. Mmm, some of them even went to see some x rated stuff...

I did learn somethin though, when i shared my past experience with a fren. that once when i was pulled into one of those places, i came out not liking it. He told me that he liked it that i didnt sound self righteous about it even as the others were excited about their recent experience. It was encouraging to me, cos it showed me that His grace has touched me, and will continue to touch and change me. That more and more, i can have metanoya and be firmly established in my identity in Him, the righteousness of God...

No comments: