Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sacrificial Love

got my promotion today.. well now my golden bar is not too lonely on my shoulders.. haha..

well i was reading my daily devotional today and it was talkin about love.. reading my blog then, it reminded me of some truths i learned and wrote here in my blog on the 1 nov 2005... what a reminder.. Sacrificial love...

here's the devotional...

Sacrificial Love
Anyone who sacrifices...will get it all back a hundred times over.Matthew 19:29 TM

Sacrificial love is about work, not play; it's about becoming a servant, not a hero. Jesus said, "Whoever wants to be great must become a servant" ( Mark 10:43-45 TM). You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving. Real fulfilment can't be found in self-centredness. One Christian leader writes: "When I set about the task of loving, I usually end up giving instead of receiving. Love inevitably costs me three commodities that are most precious - my time, energy and money. I don't part with these easily...because I have them in limited quantities...It's time to strip away the false glamour that the world (and sometimes the church) puts on loving, and tell the truth: true love is sacrificial."
Colette Bocchino says, "When I get up each morning, I remind myself that today I may be called upon to give more love, more care and more patience than I get back. In times of sickness and hardship I'm required to do this for weeks or months on end. But then it's my turn and God gives it back, either through my family or someone else. Either way it always comes back in an amount equal to my need." Peter wondered if it was all worthwhile when he asked Jesus, "'We have left everything and followed You. What do we get out of it?' Jesus replied, 'Anyone who sacrifices...because of Me will get it all back a hundred times over'" ( Matthew 19:29 TM). Furthermore, "God...will not forget...the love you have shown" ( Hebrews 6:10 NIV). Sacrificial love may cost you, but gives back so much more.
Bible-in-a-year Reading:Romans 12-14, Luke 7:24-35,Psalm 107:33-43,Proverbs 3:27-28

No comments: