Saturday, July 23, 2005

Without problems, what is faith?

I always wondered why I seem to be on a spiritual high when there is no stress. And I seem to be so affected when trying times come.

I see that it’s not about the lack of testing that gives us the ability to remain “spiritual”. Without problems, we don’t need faith. But it’s about God wanting us to be in a place where through our tribulations, testing or even daily work, our minds are so firmly fixed on the foundation of His love and saving grace that we are emotionally immune… where our belief system is so in line with God that our emotions come in line with it…

Note that people always preach about that place. The place in the Holy Spirit. Saying that if only people would go into that place. But people never say how to get into that place. You know why? Simply because there isn’t a how. We get into that place not by works, not even by how well we can keep our minds on Him. But simply by believing. Believing that God is for us, and He loves us, and has died for us.

Is believing so hard? Sometimes I think that I just cant believe it. Then my mind starts to think it is because I have no faith. But then I remember that God has given us a measure of faith. I think then that it must be a choice. We have to make that choice to believe God. We have to take the authority and stand. That conscious choice and decision to believe is ours to make.

No comments: