Sunday, July 17, 2005

Two Voices

I always hear two voices. Both claiming to be the truth. One bases its foundation on the Word. What people call the Bible. And my fellow Christians call it the Word of God. Some say its Jesus. Some say it lives. Others say it’s the Holy Spirit. And even some say it’s peace. In this book are the promises of God, who claims to be Love. Who says He is faithful and always with me, loving me, showing me His grace and waiting for the time I join Him in Heaven.

When I follow this voice, it promises supernatural peace, grace and blessings. And the joy it brings. But in the circumstances, this voice seems so hard to believe, so hard to follow. Yet there’s always a part of me, or inside me that is gentle, and keeps on saying, ”This is the truth. Believe it.”

The other voice. It’s louder than the other. And in most times when there are hard times, this voice fights to be even louder. It likes to follow the things the eyes see, and the things the body feels. It promises self satisfaction, a type of joy that comes from myself. Created by myself, in a world of myself. It also keeps repeating “me, me, me, me”. Everything centers around self. Then there’s the what ifs, and the if onlys. This voice likes to use the science of the world too, staking its own claim to be the truth.

When I follow this voice, it promises joy too. Self satisfaction. It’s in a way easier to follow. Just act naturally, the way the body wants to. And to follow this voice, I’ll have to ignore the other. But in the process, even if I follow this route only mid way, every part of me just wants to erupt. Just wants to rebel. From the inside, I suddenly hear one voice and cry only. It says, “God, save me!”

So this is the path. That in this life, I have to choose one voice to follow. And one will grow stronger. The other one, will eventually die. Lord, help me. I wanna hear Your voice and Yours only. And when I hear it Lord, give me the grace, strength, power and courage to follow it and follow through. Open my ears Lord.

No comments: