Monday, November 21, 2005

Stress..

i was quite stressed at work today.. perhaps cos i was worrying too much.. perhaps cos i had not flown for 10 days and knew i had done little in the way of preparation. Regardless, i only knew that i was stressed, and i was desperate for it to go away. I began to think to myself what Pastor ever thought about stressed. What ways were there to get rid of it? What consciousness did i have to awake to? Then i realised that what i needed to do was simply ask God. i beseeched God to take it away from me. And in my spirit He reminded me that He was always with me.

I then opened my bible and flipped not knowing where to flip to. Somehow 2 Cor caught my eye. and the following goes:

2Co 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord three times, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9 And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may overshadow me.

God is so good. And He loves me so. I susequently went for the flight.. but the instructor had already decided to use the sortie as a free ungraded refresher for me due to the bad weather.. It was indeed better than anything i could ask or think of.. for i had indeed asked my brother to agree with me in prayer that i would have a good flight or wouldnt fly due to bad weather.. haha.. Thank You Jesus.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Thanks for this post! I was stressed today... and indeed prayed but without receiving any kind of response.. this helps indeed...