Monday, October 17, 2005

Worship

Had quite a tough day at work. Everyday i go to work, i get a little discouraged. More often than not, it is my inadequacies that lead to it. I seem to be limited in my mental capacity to absorb things as fast as others. I feel it especially when it comes to doing daily routine tasks - like admin stuff and such. I was also told that in flight, it was not my handling that was the problem, but my mental spare capacity. I never thought i was stupid but i never thought i would struggle with something i feel i can do nothing about.

In the past weeks i realized that since my return from Australia, i had not spent as much time in the Word as i had been. Maybe it was because i had so little time left due to the travelling time. But i have decided that Jesus is going to be my first priority as it should have been since the beginning. Somewhere along the way, my behaviour had indicated that i lost sight of that.

Today i came home and worshipped God. Did it on Sunday too. As i was worshipping today, i asked for His presence. And He spoke this verse to me "How much more would your Father in Heaven give good gifts to His children?" And i remembered that good gifts in another chapter was recorded as the Holy Spirit. In an instant i was dwelling in His unmistakable presence.

I also received some revelations. Matthew 5:48 Therefore you shall be made perfect. Just as your Father in Heaven is perfect. I have been made perfect in His blood! Perfect in His eyes!
Matthew 7:12 Therefore whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 5:17 Do not think that i came to destroy the Law or Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. Jesus was telling them to do what they wanted men to do to them. But i believed this was to show them that it was quite difficult living a life trying to fulfill the Law. But now, Jesus has fulfilled the Law and the Prophets! This means that people will show favour to me! I believe this in spite of my circumstaces.
Matthew 8:23-27 I am in the boat! My body, soul and spirit is in the boat, rocked by the issues of life around me. And Jesus is in my boat!! Shalom will reign because as i speak, He speaks! At the word of a king and a priest, all controversies are settled!

I really need Jesus. He gives me the strength to carry on where i would otherwise have given up. In career, relationships, family, friends, life. He is the vine. My well from which i need a constant drink from to last this life.

No comments: