Thursday, February 03, 2005

First Solo

The last time i flew solo was over 3 years ago in a prop plane flying at half the speed. My heart was beating faster with each passing moment. In truth, i had not prepared for this at all. Strapping into my G suit and life preserver unit, i was thanking God that He had blessed me for this. I was trying everything to calm the nerves. Signin out the aircraft myself for the first time, i proceeded to walk out to the aircraft on my own for the very first time.

Sitting in the front, it seemed like a deafening silence lookin back at the rear view mirror and not seeing the instructor - prompting, scolding, teaching. I knew i was physically on my own. Taxying out, it was nerve wrecking. And i could not wait to get airborne. It was like i knew that when i got up into the air, i would calm down.

Applyin maximum thrust, my aircraft sped down the runway like it did many times before. Only this time i was solo. As the aircraft lept off the ground, it was like i totally lost all feelings and jus flew the aircraft. I think it was the best conditions i ever flown in, in terms of winds and temperature. One of the best circuits i flown too.

Before i knew it, i had touched down. Relieved, but knowing that bringing this aircraft to a stop was one of the crucial moments. It behaved amazingly well though. And i only realized that i was full of adrenalin when i cleared the runway and brought the aircraft to a stop. It was like i had not felt that much excitement in a long time. Taxying back and shutting down, it was an experience that would linger long in my memory...


4 comments:

dappysg said...

am so glad for you bro :D

Beloved Jayden said...

Indeed, a first solo flight with Holy Spirit high up in the air. =)

Anonymous said...

know always... He is with you. glad you made it! I knew that all the time...

dc

shayna.eileen said...

hey! it sounds so exciting! it's normal to feel that way isnt it? cool! well done!