Monday, April 25, 2005

But For a Moment

Seems a long time since i last posted.. Come to think of it, i really dont know where to begin.

i hope everything's fine back home. To my dad, i pray for you, grandpa and grandma. If grandma is gg back to the Lord, there is consolation in that she is going to a better place. And we'll meet her there sometime. Help me tell grandpa i pray for him too ok. And not to be too sad.

To mum, i love you heaps. May not be good at it. But it comes from my heart. How's ah ma? Does she still ask about me? And sis too? Rest yourself well ok.

Have not been to church for like a month now... i really miss that congregational worship atmosphere. That special presence of the Lord i have gotten so used to in times past. Still He speaks, mainly through His Word, but He speaks.

Sometimes, He reminds me of the promised land, sometimes of His real interventions, and sometimes of the place that He wants to bring me too. Many times, He reminds me of His grace, His love, His forgiveness. For those beloved church friends of mine, dont ever let yourself get used to the sermons preached ok. They may even sound the same, but if you listen everyday to the same preaching, it can be new every morning...

John spoke a word to me recently. "hey lincoln, i got a word for you.. 2nd Cor 4:17.. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory." And b4 i knew it, i read the same verse in Kenneth Copeland's daily devotional website.

Sometimes I have this picture. That everytime I sin, God ‘wonders’ just where His beloved son is. Though He is always watching over me. Because for that moment, He simply refuses to see my sin. And it hurts Him, like a father when he realizes his son is lost from his sight.

Yet, I know, that whenever I sin, it’s because of this earthly and worldly nature. I seek the day when He brings me into such a deep revelation and saturation of His Spirit, that my very nature and desire become holy and Christ like.

And until that day comes, I must take every tribulation and every experience like a movement of His hand. The Potter’s hand that once shaped my birth, is again shaping me in my new birth.

He loves me. So deeply and truly, a love for a creation that is nothing of the word worthy. Yet He showers me with unfailing love, eternal grace and wondrous life. So awesome Is Your love!

Lord Jesus, thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey son,
You worried I not convinced of your love for me? i have confidence that u will shower me with your love, so don worry.
You know Ah mah's memory comes on and off. Sometimes she remembers sometimes she doesn't but am sure she still loves you.
Take care of yourself and keep yourself warm as the weather turns cold ok?

Luv.
Mummy

Anonymous said...

Btw, I been to visit your grandma in Hospital. She appears weak but is still very lucid and alert. She even remembered to thank me amd felt apologetic towards me for 'taking the trouble to visit' her.
I was reminded not to inform you that she is ill, not knowing that you already knew of it.
I can see that you have grown to be matured, you know how to comfort people and console people and am very happy for you. This is humanity.
Well take care.
luv,
Mum