Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Victory is the Lord's

Finally i'm back.. what a queer feeling.. You would think that i would feel elated or something getting my wings. But i would say the emotion was more diluted than expected. After the flight, it just felt like any other flight. I jus felt... normal. I guess it could be said the same about people becoming pastors.. haha.. well, that's one dream down, two to go. Though i recognise that this is only the beginning of my career..

Bible Study yesterday was great for me. Three weeks in Pekan Baru, i didnt have any church to go to. There were time i had it rough in PK. The amount of work needed to be done, the work rate that had to be produced. It pushes any man to his limits i think. Some things cannot be said.. Later it jus becomes numb. There was once when i felt down.. and of everything i read, this one verse stood out for me. The victory is the Lord's. Somewhere in Proverbs. When i read that, it was like life rose up within me. Stress left me in that instant. I realised that the work i was doing.. the victory was the Lord's. It was His to sustain, His to achieve.

Yesterday during worship. I broke out in tears. The devil had been knocking me around. When the song began.. My righteousness.. My holiness.. Emmanuel, living in me... i was touched in my heart how Jesus still loves me, still lives in me. And that forevermore, i was His righteousness and holiness.. How He was the keeper of my heart, and still the lover of my soul. The song said.. To You alone i praise.. and make Your glory known. Never have the words taken so much meaning to me. It was like words from my heart. We fight FROM victory ground. The victory is the Lord's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lincoln..congratulations....really happy for you... :)

Meiyin