Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Father, give me Grace

Been reading a book by Joyce Meyer about the Grace of God. Same book i bought for my instructor as a traditional gift we give to those who sent us solo.

It says that Grace is not only unmerited favour, it is also the power of God available to meet our needs. And that it is received by believing rather than through human effort. Blessings cannot be bought by faith, but only received.
It speaks also of frustration. That when we get frustrated it is because we are trying to achieve something by our self efforts. But to receive from God, i need to humble myself, ask and trust God that He knows the situation i am in, and will deliver me. To be still and know that He is God, and that He knows what's best for me in every situation. Worrying is a form of fleshly work, trying to figure out how to save myself than trusting in Him for deliverance.
Just as perfect love casts out fear, so God's grace expels all traces of anxiety.
It seems to me that love and grace are so intertwined, as is fear and anxiety. I pray that i will be able to repent, humble myself, and truly live in the grace of God. My future and identity is in Christ!

Recently, some complications about my surname cropped up. Apparently, my employer doesn't have my records as Chua but only as Cai. Hmm.. Even got a pink slip (discipline thing) because of not changing my name on the flying boards given time.. Well, my name went from the initials Chua L to Cai L. Actually, Cail sounds pretty cool... haha...

One of my friends in the new junior course talked to me today, asking my opinion of Calvanism? Somethin like new doctrines or somethin... Well i shared my part and trust that God really spoke through me to him. I hope he can get sermon cds from NCC soon... I think he needs it some...

To end, i just wanna remind myself now and whenever i read this, that Grace is to be received, not earned. And that whenever i get frustrated, i can just say "Father, give me grace."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good you got lots of revelation knowledge coming to you. Its time then its then you have the revelation and knowledge according to DEut 29 ( I think )


frankly i prefer Chua then cai... cai is the surname given by the government.. and i believed you had deed poll done as i paid for it..

Anonymous said...

Everybody has a name once they were borne and this name is given usually by their parents or grandparents. Sometimes the court ruled that a person changed his/her name. However, this usually happened in events where a change of name is required to protect the identity of the person. Even events like this, the person I guess can have a name of their choice.
Anyway; whether you are a Chua or a Cai, we still love you just as much; reason being "you are you" -someone special in our heart.
As a believer; am sure you will agree that the most important thing is that you are child of God and you will be recognised as what you are into the Promised Land

Anonymous said...

Son i hate to put this on the blog so if you read this and if it disturb you forget I wrote it.

son you have the right to have any surname you choose...
The person who responded and even you yourself may not realized what i went thro with the surname. it maybe a small thing to others... but i have feelings... though it dont matter to others.so whats in a name they may ask...whats if they are the father..
the fact that i said you have a right to choose... is becos i am prepared to give up that right for you to decide as long it does not make you unhappy... and something are meaningless to others but they meant more to me.It does not meant i loved you less. It breaks my heart if it pleases them so be it.